Sunday, March 20, 2011

How Many Guns Do You Have?

Have been employed for 3 weeks now by boat labor company.  Most of the days go by with my hands scorched by 150 grit sandpaper as I hand sand the entire sailing vessel Athena with 20 co-workers.  Tradition says that a yacht hull must be hand sanded and not faired by any electrical device.  This helps unemployment.  On my way to work at 7 am every morning I listen to podcasts of This American Life and muse about thelemic inopportunities of past travels.  When I arrive I am in a good mood, until someone asked me "Are you from America? How many guns do you have?" The only answer that I could give the workers satisfaction is something like: "Uh ya, I keep them in my pickup just in case the wild injuns come down from the hills." this is mildly amusing from most of the people who ethnicity are Maori, and Pacific Islanders who listen to rap music from the ghetto blaster and complain  that last night's UFC fight was not hardcore enough.  When people I meet at a party ask me what I do for a job I tell them that I work on super yachts. If they only knew that it is not much different than working in Nebraska for Labor Ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment