Thursday, June 6, 2013

Playing the Visa Wait Game

Waiting for my evening flight to NZ I am reflecting on the past year that's been in the great nation of Australia.  I arrived in Melbourne last June, freezing cold and poor. I am leaving from balmy Sydney with the security of my amazing apartment.  I am hoping to return to Australia very soon, I have applied to be a student here, but I need to leave the country to apply for my student visa, its a quirk of the system. New Zealand I will return to now after a one year absence.  I could have my visa approved anywhere from 24 hours from my departure to 2 weeks from now, I really have no idea. My school term commences July 1st. I am returning to Zippity Zoo to help out on the farm for several days while I wait. I'm looking foreword to having a break from working in Sydney, but I'm eager to return to my life here.  I spent last past of the past week in Tasmania with my Mom who I have not seen for almost two years. It was great to catch up and see great heritage sights such as Port Arthur.  Like my Mom's abbreviated holiday, I never feel like there is enough time in a lifetime to see everything.  I have only scratched the surface of what there is to see in Australia, and I hope to do more exploring when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment