Friday, February 25, 2011

Work Visa, At Last

I have been waiting for my work visa for several months now, but finally have it.  I had to log onto immigration NZ's website to find out that I actually had the visa approved yesterday.  I had no e-mail verification from my case officer, but oh well.  I now need to apply for a IRD number, a New Zealand tax identification.  This will seem strange to me.  I have not had to look for a job since the spring of 2008.  I have always been working at Sea Base or odd jobs.  For the past week I have been cleaning up the farm, but the owner, Marty took me caving with school children in the middle of the week to take a break.  The kids were from Auckland and had a outdoor day that included caving, rock climbing, and repelling.  I wish I had the chance to do these things when I was their age(except I did and was too scared to do it).  I am going to a agriculture show wih Marty this weekend, then off to look for work, most likely in the Bay of Plenty, fruit picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment