Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Now in Nowra

I have been in Nowra for 10 days now. I have worked for nine of those days. When I'm not working I am sleeping. I was so tired on the overnight bus here that I must have lost my book and I am guessing my computer charger fell out of my bag as well.  I just got my new charger in the mail today and I am back online.

 Nowra is a growing town and and it seems larger than the 35,000 population reported. Its takes 15 minutes to drive to work from where I am living. Every house had a large yard and most houses are only one story, spreading things out even more. I am staying in North Nowra, its very quiet with a bush walk along the Shoalhaven river very close by. The downtown itself is busy during the day but the streets clear off very fast after 5pm. The local train station is the terminus of the southern Sydney metro network, making it easy to get to the city, but its still a three hour train ride. Nowra is an Aboriginal word meaning black cockatoo. The local joke is don't look up or you will get pooped on, or something like that. I will undoubtedly learn more as time passes but now I have to sleep, I go back to work again in what seems like just a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment