Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What Could Have Been...

As I was riding home last night on the train, on my way home from work, I was covered in mud and had many dirty looks from people who specifically avoided me. The train got so crowded at Flinders Street station that people had no choice but to sit next to me.  I apologized about my appearance to the 3 people around me and I struck up a conversation with one guy in in suit across from me. He inquired on my appearance and I told him that I was working construction and was playing in the mud all day. He asked me if I was looking for a job, but I was reserved in my response.  I told him a little more about my self and he told me that he was familiar with the US and has a ex-girlfriend in Milwaukee.  He also said he worked in finance. He said his name was Dave and he was going to give me his business card but he did not find any before the train arrived at my station.  I wished him well, shook his hand and got off the train. After about 10 minutes I remembered that I have several resumes in my bag. Oh well, I had no idea what kind of job he was talking about and If I would even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment