Monday, July 14, 2014

Dry July, and it's a struggle!

Emily and I have decided to have Dry July. Dry July is a online fundraiser where people volunteer to abstain from drinking alcohol, raising money for cancer research. July is the middle of winter in Australia with not many outdoor events to attend to which makes it a little easier. As simple as it sounds, its very hard to not do partake in one drink. The weekends are especially hard. Most Fridays at work, a box of beer is easily polish off between 15 people within a matter of minutes.  When I have gone sailing on weekends the beer flows like water over the keel. Its hard not to get caught up in the flow of things and have one drink.

The month is half over and its been a struggle. I also have been training for the 14km  City 2 Surf run on August 10th.  Running and drinking rarely go together, and I don't think I need to start, so dry July comes at a good time.

I can have "Golden Tickets' donated to me, which gives me a free day. My dad bought a free day for my birthday later this month. Does anyone else out there want to help me with a Golden Ticket? Click on the link above!


No comments:

Post a Comment