Wednesday, August 6, 2014

City To Surf

The 14km City to Surf run is only a few days away, and I am not sure I am ready. I have been running several times a week for the past month and a half. The run has 80,000 people in it, and from what I have read and seen about it, it is crazy. Apparently hundreds of people dress up in costumes, and there are a few bands playing along the route.  The route goes from downtown Sydney to Bondi Beach. Halfway through the course there is 'heartbreak hill," which separates the contenders from the pretenders. 

I have been running over the harbour bridge which is close to our home as part of my regular route. Work has been busy too, making time for training sometimes tough. Hopefully the times I have training will pay off when I splash into the water at Bondi on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment